A student project for Handkrafted - a startup company based in Sydney, Australia.
To provide an automated online mechanism to handle interaction between makers and customers wishing to have custom made items.
handkrafted.com.au - a Sydney startup that connects customers and craftsmen to make bespoke items
Axure, MS Visio, Adobe Photoshop, pencil and paper
Igor Fastovski and 2 other
We started off with client brief, followed by kick off client meeting and project planning.
- analyse brief,
- compile a list of questions for client,
- participate in client interview
- participate in creating project schedule and planning deliverables.
In the Research phase, we evaluated current application and looked at competitors.
- feature comparison;
- heuristic evaluation;
- task analysis.
We proceeded with conducting telephone User interviews. Based on the interviews, we created Personas and Scenarios.
- compile user interview findings;
- participate in creating Personas and scenarios.
Telephone interview with one of the customers
"The Maker" User Persona
Using huge amounts of paper and Sharpies, we came up with many interesting ideas.
We then carefully selected the ones that would work best for the users, and we discussed them at a client meeting.
- Establish glossary of terms and definitions;
- Help steer the team in controlled direction;
- actively participate in ideation based on research findings and personas;
- argue for my opinion and negotiate solutions.
I enjoyed the Ideation and Sketching phase the most, even though it sometimes brought me to my knees.
Based on sketched wireframes and discussions with the client, we proceeded with construction of interactive prototypes using Axure.
- Discuss the proposed solution with the client
- Negotiate the MVP
- Create interactive prototype in Axure
We then presented our solution to the client.
A clean and elegant solution that can be used by Handkrafted as a base for further iterations.